The meeting went well yesterday but the case is complicated and my brain was too exhausted ~thinking, absorbing statements & facts, doing cases research, establishing defence, etc...that when I went back yesterday, my body was so weak and breathless. Yet, mummy and daddy were coming over for dinner at my place. I suggested to hubby to buy food from the Thai restaurant near my place and he agreed so he bought tomyam & somtam...to reduce my cooking burden but still, I had to cook beef curry and mushroom soup as both hubby & my kids, I quote Nurin: "adik nak makan kat rumah, yang mummy masak jugak!"... there goes a mother's heart, no matter how tired I am, I will not make an upset decision to my family.
Soon as I reached home, I quickly changed from my office attire to a home dress and straightaway to the kitchen. Yes, I was extremely tired without having the opportunity to take a deep breath and rest, but responsibility as a wife and mother is not to be neglected. As I grow older and wiser, I realize my mum and my grandma have done the same thing to their families with the only difference that they are full time housewives and I am a career mother. Worst, with a maid-less situation currently, I felt like dropping on the floor while doing the cleaning jobs after dinner. I completed my home duty after serving hubby his coffee, a must-have for him after every meal...and taking care of my children's needs before I took them to bed.
There was nothing I could think of except my bed and I dozzed off early at 10pm (which I RARELY have that golden opportunity on the normal days). I had a good 7 hours of sleep, woke up at 5am this morning feeling fresh and lively ;-)
It's a busy day again today...I have lots of work to do, follow-up matters and job to be completed. So, it's not a relaxing Friday!


.gif)
No comments:
Post a Comment